[orca-list] espeak with speech-dispatcher backend

Hello all,

I have Ubuntu 7.10 running in a virtual machine under Windows XP on my
laptop. Being adventurous, and not having had time to try it onmy real
Linux box before it exploded, I wanted to try the speech-dispatcher
backend of Orca with espeak.

After getting alsa and gnome-speech to coexist (actually it wwas
gnome-speech and sd), I made a very interesting discovery, which I seem
to remember from awhile back. This is to say, espeak does not pronounce
upper case letters in a higher pitch than lowercase ones when using the
speech-dispatcher backend, but it does do this with the gnome-speech driver.

This is, quire frankly, unacceptable to me, as unix is case sensative.
So my question is, why is this occurring, and is there a workaround? I'm
pretty sure I'm not the first one to notice this ...

Garrett