Re: [orca-list] problem configuring java access bridge

From: "Sauro Cesaretti" <me saurocesaretti com>
Subject: [orca-list] problem configuring java access bridge

I tried to follow the steps reported in the orca website but it didn't work. In particular, when I should activate the support of corba,I don't have the
file .orbit in my home folder.
How can I solve this problem?

First of all, just to make sure we are on the same page, the name of the file you need to create is .orbitrc (Note the "rc" that follows .orbit).

On the web page, the following instructions are given:

Enable CORBA over IP
Run the following command to enable CORBA traffic over IP from the ORBit2 ORB.

cat > ~/.orbitrc << "EOF"
ORBIIOPIPv4=1
EOF

Start by making sure that you are in your home directory (Type "cd" and press the enter key--no quotation marks in the command ;-)

At the prompt, you type the first line listed above:

deprice plymouth ~/> cat > ~/.orbitrc << "EOF"

This line tells the computer to redirect what you type into a file called .orbitrc. The last bit of the line ( << "EOF" ) tells the computer to stop redirecting the typing when it sees the string EOF typed. So, when you type the line above, you will get a secondary prompt--mine is a `>' symbol).Type the second line listed above at the prompt, and be careful about capitalization. Then press the enter key. You should see this:

ORBIIOPIPv4=1

The prompt will return. Then, type EOF at the prompt and hit enter. The file will be created and you will be returned to your normal prompt, like this:

EOF
deprice plymouth ~/>

Hope this helps,

dave