Re: [orca-list] speech dispatcher back end not working

Hi,

On So, Mai 27, 2007 at 10:47:31 -0400, Guy Schlosser wrote:
Hello there Halim, your response to this message has helped me
considerably also.  I just have a couple questions.  If I download &
compile SD 0.6.2 from source, will the /etc/init.d scripts be created
for me automaticly?  Also, should I uninstall the 0.6.1 and python-sd
packages before doing this?  Thanks much in advance.

Did you read the whole thread?
python-speechd is too old for the speech-dispatcherbackend in orca.
I can not understand why the ubuntu packagers
used an old version for feisty.
This makes things dificult todo.
I don't think that the init scripts will be created if you build sd
yourself.
Try to use the sd scripts which are on your system.
make a backup of these files and remove speechd-ispatcher and
python-speechd.
Then copy the scripts back and build speech-dispatcher.
HTH.
Halim

Later,

Guy