Re: [orca-list] interesting performance with speech-dispatcher and orca.

Hermann napsal(a):
I downloaded and installed SD 0.6.2-3 from the Debian server a few days
ago.
However I cannot choose SD as speech system.
I use python-speechd from the Feisty package.

Hello Herman, yes, that is the problem.  You will need the
python-speechd package for SD 0.6.2.  You can either download and
install it from Bebian (as you did with the speech-dispatcher package)
or download and install the tarball from the Freebsoft website (see below).

I visited the site you've recommended, and tere is nothing written about
a special python-speechd.

Yes, this is a packaging problem.  If you download the Speech Dispatcher
tarball, python bindings are included.  In Debian and Ubuntu, however,
they are in a separate package...

I switched from python2.5 to 2.4. Could this be a reason for not being
able to use SD as speech system?

No, it should work with python 2.4.

Best regards, Tomas