Re: [orca-list] Gnome-speech is silent after changing from SD back

 Hermann,

Try to install libesd-alsa0 on feisty.
That can help.
Gruss
Halim

On Do, Mai 17, 2007 at 02:47:04 +0200, Hermann wrote:
to GS

Hi,
I found out what happened:
In order to avoid loosing sound after a sound event has been played, I
changed the esd-settings from
auto_spawn=1
to 0. This solves the problem I reported a few days ago: SD seems to go
down
after a sound event file has been played. In fact the mixer was turned down
and not SD.
But solving this problem, another came up: When a synth changes the sound
output - let's say from Alsa to OSS - no sound can be heard. Using players
like mplayer works because they use Alsa.
So using the whole sound stuff without disturbancies seems nearly
impossible.
I decided to stay with SD as system, because testing some reading functions
with GS and espeak made me perceive the suttering more clearly than before.
If you have heard a fluency speech for some days, you won't miss it
anymore.
Hermann