[orca-list] gaim and word processor simple questions.

hello,
I had previously asked this questions but may be they sounded too
complex to answer so here I am asking again in simple way.
firstly,
the streight forward problem with gaim is that once I log in with my
username and password, the window disappears.  my sited colligue told
me that in the top panel there is an icon which needs to be clicked to
choose the buddy list and/ or choosing chat rooms etc.
I pressed ctrl-alt-escape untill I got to the top panel but I did not
find any such icon when I tabbed around the panel.
what is the solution to this?
what all keyboard commands are there with orca for gaim?
secondly, my tables in word processor problem continues.
I can't access tables in openoffice word processor 2.02 that comes
with feisty by default.
has any one faced or even solved the problem?
regards,
Krishnakant.