Re: [orca-list] interesting performance with speech-dispatcher and orca.

krishnakant Mane napsal(a):
hello,
can some one give me tips on making speach-dispatcher work with espeak?
in my orca preference I get gnome speech and emacspeak as options and
in speach synthesizers I get espeak and speach dispatcher.
is this the right setting?

Not if you want to use the Speech Dispatcher Orca backend (selectable as
a speech system).  This is explained in my other post in this thread.

how can I make espeak work with speach dispatcher?  I did not see such
option in my preferences?

You just configure speech dispatcher to use espeak as its default synth.
 Please see /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf.  The file is well
commented.  You should have the espeak module enabled (the AddModule
directive) and selected as default (DefaultModule directive).

Then restart Speech Dispatcher.  You may test Speech Dispatcher simply
by the spd-say command.  Just run spd-say "hello, how are you?".

Feel free to post your questions about Speech Dispatcher configuration
to the Speech Dispatcher mailing list (see
http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd).

Best regards, Tomas