[orca-list] Permanent flat_review mode?

Hi.

I grew fond of flat review mode many many years ago when
I was still using Windows and JAWS as a screen reader, primarily
with a braille display as output medium.  Since I seem
to be a pretty visually oriented person, the two-dimensional
nature of flat_review mode is very appealing to me.  Besides,
it can easy communication with sighted co-workers tremendously.

In JAWS, I used to turn on flat review mode on every new installation.
Orca's flat_review mode seems to be pretty much what I want, however,
there is a strange observation I make whenever I attempt to use it.
If I switch flat_review mode on, I get a two-dimensional
rendering of the current window on my braille display much
as I'd expect it.  However, upon first keyboard event that
moves the focus, orca seems to fall back to focus_tracking mode,
and I have to manually re-enable flat_review mode again.

What am I doing wrong?  Is there some way to permanently
enable flat_review mode?  If not, I'd like to ask why not, and
what I could do to help to enable such a functionality.  flat_review
mode is pretty popular in the area where I life in blind computer
user circles (since nearly everyone here owns a braille display),
so the typical user in my area would expect to have orca
keep flat_review mode on after it was enabled once.  In fact, I think
it should actually belong in the orca preferences dialog
in the general pane.

--
CYa,
  Mario