Re: [orca-list] Please explain details on orca with speach dispatcher

Are you using espeak with gnome speech? I have found that sometimes
gnome-speech and espeak does miss parts of words, even at times not
speak (eg. when I tab between different fields in send email, like when
going from the to field to the CC field) or sometimes it just stutters.
I never have encountered those problems when using espeak through
speech-dispatcher. The reason might be to do with how the
speech-dispatcher espeak driver works, it gets espeak to synthesise the
text to a wave output and then plays that data after the synthesis is
complete. The only thing is I have noticed a slight (only slight and
fully acceptable) raise in latency before speech output (machines I use
it on are pentium4 2.4GHz or laptop with pentium-m 1.7GHz).

From
Michael Whapples