Re: [orca-list] Desktop sounds in Gnome

Hello Kenny,
I think that the neccessity to use multiple sound systems is, as you use
to say, a "no-brainer".
A different question is whether or not to use system sounds for
accessibility reasons. I think that this is what Peter asked.
And this is not only a question whether or not to implement them in
Gnome, but also whether to implement such sounds in the screen reader?
And regarding the latter, I clearly say no.
For example: In Jaws you can assign different sounds to different
events, and it's a screen reader feature.
Sumary: The Gnome developers can implement system sounds, but they
should be optional. For Orca I cannot see that this would make any
sense.
Regards
Hermann