Re: Orca My experiences with FireFox 3.0 and

Hi

Two points - firstly, going back on this thread a little bit.

The biggest problem that a screen reader, in my experience,  faces when
trying to deal with controls on a web page are those which have not been
correctly programmed / linked.

Taking the radio button issue for a moment.

If you have a series of radio buttons with text on both sides of it, which
side is the correct side that represents the text for that radio button?
Although the standard is generally to have the radio button on the left and
the text on the right, there are sites which do this the other way around.

Ok, generally speaking they are encompassed in a separate block, but it,
from my experience, seems to be that web designers will put a user control
on a page , and add the text afterwards as a separate unlinked lable.

So although Herman's fix works in Google, it may require the flat review to
actually work out what text relates to which control on other pages by
listening to the context.

Secondly, as an aside, I am not one of the bleeding edge fans, but wonder if
anyone has tested any sites that use accessabile keys to aid in navigation?

For instance the BBC site uses Alt + number to jump the cursor to a
pre-defined user control on their page.  This key combination differs
depending on the browser used but most appear to use the Alt key.

Ian