Re: Orca seems to get stuck on links with Firefox 3

Oops, it has happened to me again.:-) Had this been 20 years ago i would
have been ... upset and in a high tone said something like "why hasn't
anyone told me about this"? This is now though and i now say Wow, cool!
i have pondered over suggesting that those lines in the script that
controls caret navigation should be made into a check box in the prefs
dialog, or maybe a group of radio buttons, but this was a smarter
solution still... Hmm have to check what navigation i actually use...
And can i remove those lines from the .orca/usersettings.py that control
caret navigation?
Thanks very much for the tip, it's really appreciated.
/Krister

Mike Pedersen wrote:
Hello Krister,
Yesterday i downloaded the then latest nightly build of
Firefox and the latest svn version of Orca and was trying to
surf as usual when to my horror navigation seemed to get
stuck, not only in complex tables, which i have a feeling
that it often can get stuck in but also on rows containing
links. I couldn't move the cursor up or down and the only way
to get out of this was to tab to the next link and then try
navigating with arrow keys again. Anyone else encountered
this problem? Does it sound familiar for developers? and
thirdly what should i do?

Are you using the firefox caret navigation or the orca caret navigation?
You can toggle this with insert+f12 to test this.
Mike