[orca-list] FF 3 - trouble all day long

Hi,
can those of you, that updated FF during the last days, reproduce the
following:
Open FF, open the bookmarks menu, choose any link and try to open it; can
you open the page? I can't. I get bouced back to my startup page, in my
case an empty site.
Opening sites by typing the URL in the link bar, works.
Besides that I cannot update the program from the help menu. I have to goto
the FTP site and download a full copy of FF and then extract it to the
proper directory.
Something is terribly wrong with the program since middle of last week: The
Wednessday version didn't work at all, and since Thursday the FF is rather
odd.
Rather stressing, that "world of freedom!"
Hermann