Re: [orca-list] Hi

Welcome to orca and ubuntu

I think we are all relatively new on this list, those who know a bit
more seem to be secretive and live elsewhere :)

orca by default works using soft text-to-speech engines, whereas speakup
is more towards supporting hardware synths. (I think) (speakup home is
dead at the moment so cant varify)

speakup work with the vertual terminals, (dos style, pure text), whereas
gnome and orca is a fully graphical desktop.

Yes, the vertual terminals are not accessable via orca, but you can
simply bring up the gnome-terminal, which is accessable using orca.

Hope this helps

-Jon