[orca-list] Hi

Hello,
I'm pretty new to this mailing list. I joined this mailing list after somebody recommended me to use Ubuntu distrobution of Linux.
I'm blind and I use the GUI more than the command line, but I had a problem.
As I suspect, I think Orca doesn't support the terminal quite good, that is because of such statements from the Speakup list:

> Sorry, something is not clear here. If Ubuntu has a screen reader itself,
> why do I need the support of Speakup?

You don't, not if you plan to use the gui.
and etc.

Having a good screen reader for the GUI version is quite cool, but there were questions I have for asking:

First, does Orca really work perfectly in the text terminal? If yes, then why would I need SpeakUp as the people in the speakup list suggested?

Second, I'm a fan of mudding and have not found a mud client supported by Orca. If I want to get one, what should I search for that I would be sure they would be supported?

I think they are not easy to get a script for, since the text of the window gets upgraded as you type something in, and in Windows XP SP2 that I'm already using with JFW, if I switch Jaws to "say all", it would also read the text that has not been changed. In other terms, it reads the whole window.

So do you think searching a "terminal-based mud client" would take me to the correct path or you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Parham Doustdar