Re: Orca orca support for thunderbird

Hello will, I am using thunderbird 1.5.09, orca 2.17.5. I have not done
anything apart from installing and configuring thunderbird.

Aha!  We're focusing on the latest Thunderbird.  As such, you might want
to try the latest Thunderbird nightly builds:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/latest-trunk/thunderbird-3.0a1.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2

Since you've done nothing out of the ordinary, I'd also guess that the
navigation problems you are seeing are not caused by Orca, but perhaps
by Thunderbird 1.5.09's keyboard navigation scheme and/or AT-SPI
implementation.  :-(

How can I
enable the gecko nevigation? What changes do I need to make in order to
make it work.

You can tell Orca to do caret navigation for Gecko by adding the
following lines to your ~/.orca/user-settings.py or
~/.orca/orca-customizations.py files:

import orca.Gecko
orca.Gecko.controlCaretNavigation = True

It's still experimental, but it's getting better.

Hope this helps,

Will