Orca orca support for thunderbird

Hello will and list, I have started using thunderbird in linux and I have experienced that orca has some strange problems with it. while reading the messages orca often gets stuck in lines of text and doesn't move if down arrow is pressed. However, one can move word by word without any hitch. Similarly, while writing messages orca makes the cursor junmp many characters as soon as spacebar or some punctuation is entered. It would typically move the cursor to the beginning of text. I am using thunderbird as I have used it in windows as well. I can easily configure my GMail account in thunderbird. Has anyone made any scripts for it?
Thanks and regards,.
Aruni.