Re: Orca more newbie questions

Hello Mike,
on:
http://live.gnome.org/Orca
you find a documentation of Orca in general. I think there's no
documentation for using special programs.
Regarding Firefox I must say that there's not that amount of
accessibility you know from the Windows world.
The Orca team is in contact with the Firefox team, and they are working
hard to get the "Fox" really accessible. However: They are concentrating
themselves on the version 3.0 of FF, which is an experimental one.
To use FF 2.x do the following:
1. Press F7 to activate the caret browsing. You are able to read those
parts of webpages, that are scrollable.
2. Visit:
http://firevox.clcworld.net
read the documentation of the plugin offered there, and then download
and install it into FF 2.x. Note: It doesn't work with 3.0.
Firevox presents a set of reading and navigation commands, among them
the possibility to list the elements of a page.
Although this extension makes FF more neat, don't expect a kind of "Jaws
for Linux".
What you can do also:
Open the gnome-terminal from the accessories menu, you will have a
talking shell.
type
man w3m
and read the manpage of this programm; it's a text browser.
It offers full cursor movement on every page, and Orca is talking.
Note: It doesn't support all features, common on modern websites, for
example Java and Java script, but you can access most pages pretty well.
Regards
Hermann