Orca and Firevox

Hello,
I use Firefox 2.x together with the extension Firevox, which works pretty well, except one issue: Firevox contains a function called "autoread", that means that, when pressing Control+Shift+A, the whole page gets read to you.
As speech I chose Orca.
I wrote to Charles Chen, the developer of Firevox, and I post my message and his answer here; after that I've some questions:

"I installed Ubuntu 6.10, Orca 2.17.90 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 on my machine.
The installed CLC-plugins work so far, with one exception:
I cannot perform the autoread function. The speech starts reading some words
but then Firefox gets stuck and the speech isn't talking anymore.
I have to restart Firefox in order to continue working.
Is this a known bug in Firefox under Linux?"

"A few questions before we go any further:

1. Have you tried doing this with Java FreeTTS?

If it works with FreeTTS, but not Orca, I would chalk it up to a problem with Orca. I am dependent on the synthesis engine working properly, and if the synthesis engine suddenly stops accepting messages from me, there is very little that I can do about it.

2. Did you set Orca to treat Firefox as a self voicing application?

If you haven't, Orca may be trying to fight Fire Vox for control; that is a really bad scenario, and strange things can happen."

Does anyone use Firevox either together with Orca or Free-TTS, and what is your experience?
How can I set up Orca, to treat Firefox as a selfvoicing application?
Regards
Hermann