Re: Orca FW: Is the Update-manager accessible with ?

On 1/24/07, Michael Vogt <mvo ubuntu com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 10:01:01PM +0100, Henrik Omma wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

> The password screen should be OK once the 'Password dialogues as
> floating windows' box is checked in assistive technologies settings.
>
> As for Update Manager itself, I'm forwarding this to Michael who is
> responsible for Update manager in Ubuntu. Can we fix this? :)

I just debugged this with Hendrik and it seems like the problem is
that update-manager runs the actual upgrade as root. My understanding
is that this is something that at-spi currently does not support
(sharing information between apps runing as different users).

It turns out that it's more complicated than that (Michael and I
looked at it again). The confirmation screen of updater kills
accessibility on the whole desktop (as you describe) the first time I
run it, but not the second and third time I run it.

Synaptic running as root does not seem to cause this problem.

Henrik