Re: Orca Firefox 3 and inline html editors

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
2. Look for tell-tale signs of common HTML editor widgets. This may be a
lot easier once IAccessible2 gives Orca better DOM access. If it would
be possible to notify Orca that you are in an editable control given
such tell-tale signs, we could look into compiling a list of tell-tale
signs for common editors. If tell-tale signs do not exist, ask
developers to add them. So the question is, if we spotted a particular
I'm not really sure what you mean with the paragraph above. What should
we look for? Most of these html editors are built using Javascript, and
it may be possible to dig into the code to see what widgets the editor
contains and see if those could be identifiable to Orca or any screen
reader for that matter. I'm not a programmer by any means, although i
know a tiny bit of Javascript, so i would probably not know what to look
for even if it jumped right at me and bit me.:-)

--
/Krister