Re: Orca accessible web browser with orca

Hello Benjamin,
I think I was the "eval doer", that advised Michael to use a text
browser, in case he has difficaulties to handle Firefox.
He asked a question and I answered it, that was all.
The goal is indeed making Firefox fully accessible with Orca, but we are
far away from having completed the task. So what to do in the meantime?
To get back to Windows every time we have to do serious work, or use
text browsers if ever possible?
Btw.: I cannot realise why a browser, that allows to move the cursor
over the whole screen with my braille display is called "blind
unfriendly".
I use w3m within the Gnome terminal, and I would use Links2, if it were
possible to solve some codepage problems under Ubuntu. It's impossible
to display German umlauts in Ubuntu using programs that have remote
access, such as Links2 or lftp. Locally used programs such as Editors do
show the umlauts korrectly.
I can't reconfigure my locales, because Ubuntu doesn't show up with a
dialog whin I type:
dpkg-reconfigure locales
But that's a different subject.
Regards