Re: [orca-list] Orca and Firefox 3 - carret control

hello,
out of my research work on accessibility concepts I had done survey
with many visually handicap people of varying computer skills and with
different screen readers to find what worked best for most of them.
firstly, well done jonie and the rest.  apart from a few things I
would suggest, most of them like the non vertual buffer presentation
of the web page.
I always personally liked as is presentation of information but I just
wanted to make sure if is that most like.
now the only thing I can suggest is that comboboxes should remain
colapsed till space bar is pressed and when text areas come into the
picture it should be the same method.
the other thing I would suggest is, just as we shift from control to
control with tab key, same should be with the text box.  many a times
we have to use ctrl+tab wich is not a consistent method as far as
accessibility is concerned.
we must be as uniform as possible and the accessibility system should
be monotonous whereever possible, so that it not just reduces the
learning curve but also makes a user confident as to say "this will
certainly happen if I press this key because it happens in a similar
situation/ event".
infact the best part will be that if combos don't expand untill one
pressess the space bar, many unwanted events can be prevented and I
think this has been said before on this thread.
regards,
Krishnakant.