Re: [orca-list] SD crash: Cannot get rid of notifier

Hi Hermann,

the correct solution will, of course, be to fix things so that the
notification daemon can coexist with Speech Dispatcher (whether the fix
is done in SD or the notification daemon or whatever else).  But your
investigation is essential for finding out where the problem is.  I
still don't quite understand how this is possible.  Thanks for your
effort.  Best regards, Tomas.

Hermann wrote:
that SD crash problem is going to become a never ending story:
I thought with:
update-rc.d -f notification-daemon remove
I would be able to stop that program.
However it's not been started by links in the rc.d directories.
It seems that it gets started by a proces from within the GUI of Ubuntu.
Furthermore I suspect that I need that notifier, because it tells me
about the battery status, which is essential for my notebook.
So what to do? That stuff becomes boaring.