[orca-list] SD crash: Cannot get rid of notifier

Hi,
that SD crash problem is going to become a never ending story:
I thought with:
update-rc.d -f notification-daemon remove
I would be able to stop that program.
However it's not been started by links in the rc.d directories.
It seems that it gets started by a proces from within the GUI of Ubuntu.
Furthermore I suspect that I need that notifier, because it tells me
about the battery status, which is essential for my notebook.
So what to do? That stuff becomes boaring.
Hermann