Re: [orca-list] Accessible presentation software

An FYI ...

The xml underlying Impress files has been addressed by the Oasis
Accessibility group, with some fixes already in the latest spec. There
will be more work on this for future ODF specification versions.

So, things should get even better over time.

Janina

Rich Burridge writes:
Hi Rafael,

I have just subscribed to this list, as I will be exploring the
accessibility of Ubuntu and related software over the next few weeks.

Welcome!

For my first question to the list, can anyone tell me if the
presentation software that comes with Open Office is accessible via
Orca?

My current reply would be "sort of". I actually put the latest OpenOffice
development build (OOo-dev 2.3.0 - build #223) through it's paces on
Ubuntu Gutsy last Friday. I got it to crash once (didn't even go into Error
Recovery mode), and I filed about 6 other bugs for various problems that
I found. I also filed an Orca bug for each, so that we can keep track of
them.

Two of those bugs have subsequently been closed as there is a magic
sequence of equivalent keyboard navigation presses that will get you the
same functionality.

I believe Mike Pedersen has also used simpress/ooimpress in the past
and can relate his experiences on this. Mike?