[orca-list] Reading tooltips

Hello,

i am currently new to Orca and Ubuntu Linux, but would like to ask if Orca
can automatically read tooltips in applications or if I am on the desktop. I
checked the item labelled "Present tooltips" in Orca preferences, but don't
see any changes to Orca's behavior. Namely, I would like to get to those
tooltips regarding automatic updates and thus see if any updates are
available, without running the update manager periodically on demand.
Also, I began using Gaim for ICQ communication and I let him to minimize on
the system tray. However, I cannot see its icon anywhere, it is not
announced on the tray.
So is there any way how to get this info or solve these problems? Using Orca
2.21, Ubuntu 7.04.

Regards,

Petr Řehák
--