[orca-list] Installing Ubuntu 7.4 with Orca

I finally got through the installer, but just want to bring up one weirdness...

Firstly, I'm using the instructions at:

>3. In the resulting Terminal window, type "sudo su" and press Enter. You should hear "root at ubuntu colon slash home slash ubuntu pound".
This is fine. I do hear the root prompt.

>4. Press Insert Q to quit Orca. At this point, the Orca quit confirmation dialog will appear. You need to tab to the "Yes" button and press Space. At this
>point, you will have no speech, but focus is still in the terminal window.
Yes, this is true.

>5. Type "orca --no-setup --disable main-window&" and press Enter. This will cause speech to resume, but Orca will now be running as root (the equivalent
>of Administrator in Windows).
Yes, orca does start and I hear the welcome message.

>6. Type "ubiquity" and press Enter.
>Note: Because you are now running Orca as root, Orca will not use the speech settings you configured earlier. As a reminder, you can quickly change the
>rate with Insert+Left and Insert+Right arrow and the pitch with Insert+Up and Insert+Down arrow.

What is not clear from this document is that the terminal window still has no speech. I can now type ubiquity followed by return in the terminal and the installer starts in another window. It didn't seem to gain focus automatically though, so I had to wait a while until I thought it was up and then alt+tab till I found the installer window which did start speaking.  I assume this is why the author wrote "As a reminder, you can quickly change the rate with Insert+Left and Insert+Right arrow and the pitch with Insert+Up and Insert+Down arrow."...  However, I think it needs to be stated that speech will disappear in the terminal after orca is run -- and yes I did type the and symbol "&" at the end of the command.

Thanx much.
Just my two cents...
-- Rich