Re: [orca-list] orca and graphics applications

Hi all,

Imagemagick <http://www.imagemagick.org/> is also an image manipulation
app and has a command line interface. You will found one example for
doing neon signs at http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/fonts/#neon

Hope this helps.

Regards.

David
-----

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 01:08:59PM -0700, Peter Korn wrote:
Hi Cody,

GIMP is the closest open source app to Adobe Photoshop.  For doing more
line-based work (comparable to Adobe Illustrator), you might check out
Inkscape <http://www.inkscape.org/> which is an SVG editing tool.  Also,
OpenOffice.org has some fairly sophisticated graphics manipulation
features.

Given that you have some vision, I suggest you try these on Ubuntu
Feisty with the Beryl window manager using their magnification
functionality.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.  Also, if you do spend time
with OpenOffice.org Draw, please share your experiences, so we can work
with the OpenOffice.org folks on accessibility improvements there.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Hi all,

  This might sound weird coming from someone who is legally blind, but
I would like to know if there are any good accessible graphics
applications comparable to adobe photo shop for linux. I know there is
gimp, but I'm not quite sure it'll be the ap to get my job done. What
I am trying to do is make neon signs you can see some examples at
www.neoncity.co.uk <http://www.neoncity.co.uk>. Let me know if this
can be done accessibly, since I do have some useful vision..

Cody