Re: [orca-list] "Black circle" What's that?

Hi Hermann.

I just looked at default.py.  What was going on is that text was being
inserted (the black circle), it wasn't what you were typing (your
password), and Orca thought it therefore needed speaking.

I have attached a patch that should solve the problem at least in the
interim.  I say "at least in the interim" because the code in
onTextInserted() was specifically was looking at password fields and
deciding that we should always speak the inserted text regardless of the
keyecho setting -- which looks like a design decision to me. <smile>

So Will, Rich, Mike:  Why were we always speaking inserted text in
password fields?

Thanks!
Joanie