Re: [orca-list] Menu doesn't show

This is a new phenomenon which probably happened after I upgraded to Gnome
2.18. My at-spi version is 1.18.1-1 and Orca is revision 2294. Sometimes
when I start up it only says and displays "Welcome to Orca.". Sometimes it
goes to "Preferences button". Sometimes it goes all the way to "Focus
tracking mode". When it only says and displays "Welcome to orca.", no orca
command works. If it goes any further, the orca commands work.

When I press alt+f1 or alt+f2 nothing happens. No Orca commands work.
However, I can still use the menus and prompt, respectively.

Orca seems to be working OK in Open Office.

Interestingly, my version of Gnome-panel is 2.16.3-1, which seems to be
the latest version available from my Debian experimental repository.

Should I try an earlier version of at-spi?

I'm not sure.  Ginn Chen posted a comment today that might be related to
this: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2007-April/msg00265.html.

Will