Re: [orca-list] Menu doesn't show

Hello Will,

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Willie Walker wrote:

Hi:

I'm running Debian Etch, Gnome 2.18.0 and orca 2.19.1pre.

I'm not 100% sure, but it may be that the at-spi registry is not running
and/or the gnome-panel isn't talking to the at-spi registry.  Some
changes were made to allow multiple user processes (e.g., your normal
login and root) to be accessible on the same display.  These may have
had an impact on how accessibility was started on the desktop, but I'm
still unclear about the details of just what the changes were.  If this
is indeed impacting things, then it might be possible that you need
additional software.

Have you tried Ubuntu Feisty or Solaris?

Will

This is a new phenomenon which probably happened after I upgraded to Gnome 2.18. My at-spi version is 1.18.1-1 and Orca is revision 2294. Sometimes when I start up it only says and displays "Welcome to Orca.". Sometimes it goes to "Preferences button". Sometimes it goes all the way to "Focus tracking mode". When it only says and displays "Welcome to orca.", no orca command works. If it goes any further, the orca commands work.

When I press alt+f1 or alt+f2 nothing happens. No Orca commands work. However, I can still use the menus and prompt, respectively.

Orca seems to be working OK in Open Office.

Interestingly, my version of Gnome-panel is 2.16.3-1, which seems to be the latest version available from my Debian experimental repository.

Should I try an earlier version of at-spi?

Bertil

> On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 09:52 +1000, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote: >> Greetings,

When I press alt-f1, the menu is neither spoken nor does it show in
braille. It works, though, if I do it "blind". When I press alt-f2, the
prompt doesn't show, but that works too. The menus in OOO Writer work
fine.

What could be the reason?

Bertil Smark Nilsson