Re: [orca-list] Gmail audio verification doesn't play in Firefox

From what I can tell, Firefox isn't playing any audio. I happen to have
an Aim screen name that's about 6 years old and I found out I could
activate e-mail on it. But when I went to the page to setup the e-mail,
its audio verification didn't play either. I have installed both the vlc
and mplayer plugins with no luck. Should I get the Helix player plugin
and Helix player and see if that solves the problem?

It's a shame Firefox doesn't support mailcap or have a mailcap plugin
available. I think vlc would play the files in question if such a beast
existed. Maybe this could be made into a feature request for a mailcap
fallback of some sort in case no plugins are installed to handle a
certain mime type.

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo
--
I've always found anomalies to be very relaxing. It's a curse.
--Jadzia Dax: Star Trek Deep Space Nine (The Assignment)