Re: [orca-list] Gmail audio verification doesn't play in Firefox

Is just Google? Or any audio? In my experience I had explicitly to
install an audio handling plugin. For me that was HelixPlayer-plugin.
For whatever reason FF doesn't seem to pay attention to mailcap.

Janina

Mike Pedersen writes:
Hello Lorenzo,
I have tried to use Firefox to create a test gmail account because I
want to be able to set someone up with gmail when I setup his computer.
Unfortunately I have been unable to make the audio verification play in
Firefox 2 or 3. I click the link that says "listen and type the numbers
you hear" and then I get placed back on the text box to enter the
numbers, but no audio is played. The good news is that this audio file
is accessible from links, but the person I am helping get setup probably
won't be using lynx,since firefox can access sites that lynx can't.
Firefox isn't telling me about a missing plugin, but I am open to the
possibility that a plugin may be missing somewhere. I have tried this
test signup in lynx with great success and in Firefox 2.0 and the 3.0
prerelease from yesterday both with no luck playing the audio
verification numbers. Please advise me regarding the plugin or plugins I
need to install or any other extra steps I need to take to make this
work.
Have you tried this with orca's speach disabled?  I wonder if this is an
issue of the sound card not being shared between the sound file and the
TTS.  To test this:  press orca+s before activating the link that plays
the file to see if the sound can be heard.
Mike