[orca-list] Running unstable software -- best practice

Hi,

Reading this bug from Beth:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-orca/+bug/95977

I'd like us to work out some guidelines for running test software (or for someone to point me at some if we have them).

I that particular case she was running a standard Edgy install with CVS Orca. Upgrading to Feist following the standard procedure failed on the Orca step, predictably. What is the optimal way of doing this?

On a related note we will post some Firefox 3 .debs in a few days for testing as well.

Henrik