Re: Orca A few queries about Braille in orca.

Hi Luke,

Firstly, I noticed that when I used buttons on my display to read the rest of a line of text, I can see that orca is actually going into flat review to do this. This is something I haven't noticed previously in the GNOME GUI, due to the frame indicating the review mode wasn't nearly as visible. I also noticed that unlike other areas of the GUI, when I use my braille display to start reading the next line of text, it shows a blank line before going to the next line of text. I know there isn't a blank line after the current line of text that I am reading, as I can see it visually. When the blank line is displayed, I can see the flat review cursor going to the end of the line, where there is only white space. Is it possible to prevent this from happening, as it does interrupt the flow of reading on the display. Does this happen when just scrolling up and down a terminal screen such as after doing an ls? I just tried to reproduce this and couldn't. Could you please send me a test case so we can see what is going on? I have also noticed that orca, and gnopernicus for that matter, don't seem to contract Braille, whereas with the right setup in the console, I have no problem setting up BrlTTY to contract Braille for me. Is contracted Braille, as well as using Braille display buttons to control other functions going to be implemented?
Currently contracted braille such as grade two isn't implemented. What other functions for braille buttons would you like to see implemented? Where ever possible we've tried to mirror the layout used in brltty but brltty currently has many more mappings than are available in orca. Thanks much for the feedback, it's nice to see others using braille as well. Mike