Re: Orca A few queries about Braille in orca.

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 12:26:42PM EST, Luke Yelavich wrote:
Firstly, I noticed that when I used buttons on my display to read the rest of a line of text, I can see
that orca is
actually going into flat review to do this. This is something I haven't noticed previously in the GNOME
GUI, due to
the frame indicating the review mode wasn't nearly as visible. I also noticed that unlike other areas of
the GUI,
when I use my braille display to start reading the next line of text, it shows a blank line before going to
the next
line of text. I know there isn't a blank line after the current line of text that I am reading, as I can
see it
visually. When the blank line is displayed, I can see the flat review cursor going to the end of the line,
where
there is only white space. Is it possible to prevent this from happening, as it does interrupt the flow of
reading on
the display.

One other thing I forgot to add about gnome-terminal. When I am using mutt to read my email, speech tracks
the focus
of the cursor when moving through a mailbox, however this is not tracked by the Braille display. I have to
use the
flat-review cursor movement commands to display the currently selected message in the mailbox. Is it possible
that
the gnome-terminal script has speech code implemented, but lacks proper Braille support
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE