Re: Orca A few queries about Braille in orca.

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 12:59:54PM EST, Mike Pedersen wrote:
Currently contracted braille such as grade two isn't implemented.  What
other functions for braille buttons would you like to see implemented?
Where ever possible we've tried to mirror the layout used in brltty but
brltty currently has many more mappings than are available in orca.

Well my Braille display has a mirror image set of buttons at either end of the front panel. There are four
cursor
like buttons, plus one extra button. In the console when using BrlTTY, the left set of cursor buttons perform
the
function of a standard keyboard's arrow keys. The right set does what I previously stated, which is move the
flat
review cursor round.

Gnopernicus implements the left set as arrow keys, so I am sure it is not hard to do, but it depends on what
Braille
display is being used.
--
Luke Yelavich