Re: Orca Thoughts on whereAmI: Quantity of Information

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
[snip]

"Untiled1 - OpenOffice.org Writer <brief pause> Text <brief pause> This
is a test."

What I get is:

"soffice.bin application Untitled1 - OpenOffice.org Writer frame
Untitled1 - OpenOffice.org Writer root pane paragraph This is a test. No
focus"

How about a general infrastructure that let's you substitute strings to reduce (or increase?) verbosity. We could provide a general low-verbosity look-up file, but users could add their own.

So the phrase "OpenOffice.org Writer" could be replaced by "Writer" or "O-O Writer". "Untitled1 - " could just be skipped when it occurs, etc." That way users can tweak their own verbosity settings in a simple file:

"OpenOffice.org Writer", "Writer"
"Untitled1 - ", ""
"Desktop window frame", "Desktop"
etc.

I think we can get quite far with a simple look-up file, but we should probably add some rules to stop orca from replacing "OpenOffice.org Writer" with "Writer" in a text body, etc.

Henrik