Re: Orca Trouble installing on Debian Sarge/Testing

Hi Christian,

Am Sonntag, 15. Oktober schrieb Christian Gerhardt:

Some days ago I downloaded the sources for orca1.0.0 and gnome-speech for
there was no such package for Sarge/Testing. I managed to built all and
installed it. Now I am running into problems when trying to perform 'orca
--setup'.
[...]
TypeError: ORB_init() takes no keyword arguments

You have to install the package 'python-pyorbit' at least in version
2.14.x. This package is merely contained in the 'experimental' branch,
but it also works well with recent testing and unstable.
<ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/pyorbit/python-pyorbit_2.14.1-2_i386.deb>.

Best regards,

Henning