Re: Orca can I use evolution with orca?

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 09:30 +0530, krishnakant Mane wrote:
I know this is off topic but I will be happy if some one can kindly
help me configure evolution for gmail.

First you need to log in to Gmail webmail and turn on POP. See the
instructions at:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273

Then there are general instructions for configuring Gmail with POP
clients at:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13287

Sadly, I can't find documentation for Evolution online in HTML form.
But here's my attempt at a step-by-step guide to adding Gmail as a mail
account to Evolution.

When you first start up Evolution it offers to set up an account. But if
you're already running set up then you need to go the main Evolution
window and start the wizard by opening preferences with ctrl + shift + s
and then adding a new mail account by pressing alt + a .

Once in the wizard:

1. Press alt + f to go forward with the wizard.
2. Press alt + e to get to the Full Name input box and type yours.
3. Press alt + a to get to the Email Address input box and type your
full email address.
4. Optionally, press alt + m to make this your default account.
5. Press alt + f to go forward to the next dialog: Receiving Email.
6. Press alt + t to get to the Server Type select box. Press space to
get the options and press down arrow until you reach "POP".
7. Press alt + s to get to the Server input box and type: pop.gmail.com
8. Press alt + n to get to the Username input box and type your full
email address.
9. Press alt + n to get to the Use Secure Connection select box. Press
space to get the options and press down arrow until you reach "SSL
encryption".
10. Optionally, press alt + m if you want Evolution to remember your
password.
11. Press alt + f to go forward to the next dialog: Receiving Options.
12. Optionally, tab to "Leave messages on server" and press space to
enable.
13. Press alt + f to go forward to the next dialog: Sending Email.
14. Press alt + s to get to the Server input box and type
smtp.google.com .
15. Press alt + u to get to the Use Secure Connection select box. Press
space to get the options and press down arrow until you reach "SSL
encryption".
16. Press alt + n to get to the Username input box and type your full
email address.
17. Press alt + f to go forward to the next dialog: Account Management.
18. Optionally, press alt + n to get to the Name input box and type a
name by which Evolution should refer to this account. Your email address
is the default name; you might prefer just "Gmail".
19. Press alt + f to go forward.
20. Press alt + a to apply your new settings.

If you got here from the Preferences window press alt + c to close
Preferences.

Now you can press F9 to send and receive all mail, including your newly
added Gmail account.

More generally, you may find this list of Evolution keyboard shortcuts
at the Evolution project website useful:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/keys.shtml

Hope that helps.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis