Re: Orca Question re -2.17.X Dependencies

Will, could you advise in your new Orca version announcements if and
when new Orca features require functionality specific to gnome-2.17?

You bet.  So far, I don't recall doing anything that requires stuff
above and beyond GNOME 2.16. The main reason we branched was to more
easily comply with GNOME release requirements that made it more
cumbersome to make GUI or string changes.

While you sometimes get hurt, however, being on the bleeding edge can be
good.  It not only gives you the benefit of fresher Orca code, but also
the benefit of other fixes to the AT-SPI infrastructure itself.

Will