Orca Question re -2.17.X Dependencies

I would like to start working with some of the recent enhancements to
Orca, particularly the scripts for Calc. I understand I need orca-2.17.x
for this, but is there any additional requirement?

My concern is to avoid installing gnome-2.17 right now, if that's
reasonable. Is it? Similarly, is openoffice.org-calc-2.0.4-5.3
sufficient?

Will, could you advise in your new Orca version announcements if and
when new Orca features require functionality specific to gnome-2.17?

--

Janina Sajka                            Phone: +1.202.595.7777
Partner, Capital Accessibility LLC      http://CapitalAccessibility.Com

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and Canada--Go to
http://ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.

Chair, Accessibility Workgroup          Free Standards Group (FSG)
janina freestandards org                http://a11y.org