Re: Orca Speaking blank lines

Hi Nolan, thanks for your comments please see my response below.
But, anyway, I experienced a minor annoyance for which I have a patch, but before submitting it to bugzilla I want to make sure a) there isn't some other way/good reason for things being done this way, and b) that I've in fact made the change in the best place for it. :) When editing documents, I was annoyed by Orca not speaking blank lines, because when I press a key and don't receive any feedback I generally assume that nothing happens--I've reached the top/bottom of the list/whatever and focus doesn't wrap, there is no valid use for that key, etc.

This is a feature that we plan on implementing for the next release of orca. I had intended to make this a user preference to be changed in the config UI. I wonder, do users think that blank lines should be spoken by default? Also, should this even be a preference or do users always want this functionality? thanks
Mike