Re: orca 0.2.4 compiles, but no more
- From: Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>
- To: Orca screen reader developers <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: orca 0.2.4 compiles, but no more
- Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:07:36 -0400
On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 16:38 +0200, Willem van der Walt wrote:
I am now in a posision where I can compile orca either from the sources of
2.0.4 or from the latest CVS.
Once installed, I run as a normal user:
Hmm...something is going awry here. What should be happening is that
you get output like the following in the terminal where you started
orca, and the output is also spoken:
Select desired speech server.
1. Fonix DECtalk GNOME Speech Driver
2. Festival GNOME Speech Driver
Enter choice: 2
Enable echo by word? Enter y or n: n
Enable key echo? Enter y or n: n
Enable Braille? Enter y or n: n
Enable Braille Monitor? Enter y or n: n
Setup complete. Press Return to continue.
I'm not sure what might be happening. Can you try to do a "ps -elf" and
grep for both "orca" and "synthesis-driver"? I'm curious if some stale
things might be hanging around. In addition, are you running as a
"regular" user or as root? If you're running as a "regular" user, do
you have any applications running as root on your display?
] [Thread Prev