Re: Orca Error caused by the Gnomme-panel!

You mention Bill Acker. Can I infer from that that you're running
Fedora? You left out that all important fact in your post.

If so, you need to upgrade your Gnome to the version in Fedora
development. The following command will do it:

yum --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=development groupupdate 'GNOME
Development Environment'

Note the above goes on one command line, exactly like it is, spelling,
quatation marks, all of it.

Lists writes:
Hi All,

I have been trying to get Orca-0.2.5 up and running. When I run orca from
within the xwindows it just says "Orca setup" and all speech stops. A
message appears which follows:
The application "gnome-panel" has quit unexpectedly!
Inform the developers of this message.

This error message also occurs sometimes when I am using gnopernicus and I
can't seem to solve it. I use speakup out in the terminal window with an
apollo synth. I am not sure what is going on so please can someone help me
get orca up and running. I feel I am close to achieving this and am excited
about it because up to now I used windows and know little about linux in
general. I guess its thanks to Bill acker and people here on this list that
I know as much as I do now.

Many thanks,

Paul.