Re: Orca orca on ubuntu

yes actually I did a apt-get intall gcc then I did the build-essentials etc etc. thanks.

Cody
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <tward1978 earthlink net>
To: "Orca screen reader developers" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 11:05 PM
Subject: Re: Orca orca on ubuntu

Hello, Cody.

Cody wrote:

does any linux distribution not come with a c compiler? when I tried to
compile orca it gave me an error saying no c compiler found.

That is because Ubuntu desktop doesn't come with gcc installed. As I
recall doing apt-get install build-essentials will grab gcc and g++ as
well as other necessary components for development.
It is not a very large update and should take more than 20 minutes on a
modem and faster on high-speed.
After doing build-essentials I see I got gcc 4.0 so I expect that is
what you are likely to get.