Orca CRASHES SOLVED!!! (was Re: and Acrobat)

Hi All:

I just wanted to drop a line regarding the status of where we are with
this.  Joanie has discovered a way to work around the acroread crashes
by modifying some code in Orca (yeah, Joanie!).  This is now in GNOME
CVS HEAD and will be in the next version of Orca (Orca v2.17.5 on Jan
8th).

Note that there's some scripting we need to improve the user experience.
It's currently way too verbose in my opinion and performing things such
as searching for text could be drastically improved.  In addition, other
things such as automatic reading (SayAll) need to be enabled.  So much
for my prayer that it should "just work."  Not sure if this will all get
into the Jan 8th release or not, but there might be a Santa Claus.

So...I'll give a quick summary of what seem to be the ways to get to
content from Orca:

1) Enable caret navigation by pressing F7

2) Check the "Enable document accessibility" check box in the
   "Reading" category of the preferences dialog.  This is the
   step I always seem to miss because I just assume it is
   always going to be on if accessibility is enabled for
   the session.  :-(

3) Use Orca from GNOME CVS HEAD as of 5 minutes ago.  :-)

Thanks everyone!  I also look forward to working more with Adobe, and I
think it's great that Andrew is present.

Will