Re: Orca Change tty

"WW" == Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM> writes:

    WW> Hi Jan: Currently, there's really not a good platform
    WW> independent way to determine which tty the X Server is on, so we
    WW> hard code the default to 7 in Orca. Samuel gave me a couple ways
    WW> to try to get the tty, such as a the presence and value of
    WW> property on the root window, and I'll be taking a look at that.

    WW> In the meantime, I just checked a change to GNOME CVS HEAD for
    WW> you - it allows you to specify the tty. You can do this in your
    WW> ~/.orca/user-settings.py file:

    WW> orca.settings.tty=7

    WW> To be sure this is working, set the debug level in your
    WW> ~/.orca/user-settings.py file to the following:

    WW> orca.debug.debugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_CONFIGURATION

    WW> You should see a line similar to the following when you run
    WW> orca:

    WW> Initializing braille on tty=7

    WW> Hope this helps. If things still don't work for you with
    WW> braille, we can try debugging some more. The good/bad news is
    WW> that it works great for me and others. We'll just have to do
    WW> some debugging to figure out why it's not working on your
    WW> machine.

Unfortunatelly not works. I did all what you wrote and here is the
result:

$ orca
Using speech server factory: orca.speechdispatcherfactory
Speech module has been initialized.
Initializing braille on tty=8

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/orca/orca.py", line 859, in loadUserSettings
    braille.init(_processBrailleEvent, settings.tty)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/orca/braille.py", line 951, in init
    if brl.init(tty):
StandardError: Failed to find brlapi_initializeConnection in BrlTTY

Could not initialize connection to braille.
Magnification module has NOT been initialized.
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Vítá vás Orca.'
BRAILLE LINE:  'Vítá vás Orca.'
     VISIBLE:  'Vítá vás Orca.', cursor=0
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Switching to focus tracking mode.'
atspi.start: using bonobo.main; gilSleepTime=0.000010
BRAILLE LINE:  'emacs-snapshot ferda buchal xx  nepřístupné'
     VISIBLE:  'emacs-snapshot ferda buchal xx  ', cursor=0
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'emacs-snapshot ferda buchal xx  nepřístupné'

But Emacs under X with brlapi works.
Best.

--

Jan Buchal -- ředitel společnosti