Re: Orca Change tty

Hi Jan:

Currently, there's really not a good platform independent way to
determine which tty the X Server is on, so we hard code the default to 7
in Orca.  Samuel gave me a couple ways to try to get the tty, such as a
the presence and value of property on the root window, and I'll be
taking a look at that.

In the meantime, I just checked a change to GNOME CVS HEAD for you - it
allows you to specify the tty.  You can do this in your
~/.orca/user-settings.py file:

orca.settings.tty=7

To be sure this is working, set the debug level in your
~/.orca/user-settings.py file to the following:

orca.debug.debugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_CONFIGURATION

You should see a line similar to the following when you run orca:

Initializing braille on tty=7

Hope this helps.  If things still don't work for you with braille, we
can try debugging some more.  The good/bad news is that it works great
for me and others.  We'll just have to do some debugging to figure out
why it's not working on your machine.

Will